Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Love


If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 

1 Corinthians 13:1-7 The Message



I do missions because I know that I am loved so so much.  I know what the power of love can do and the reality of how much this world needs love.

You see we have this warped vision of love. We mentally agree that God loves us, and we like to talk about how we think he loves and we can read it in our little bibles how much he loves us, but most of us haven’t done much about it. We are just sitting around waiting for further evidence of that truth.

That evidence won’t come until we get up and do something! Just knowing that God loves us isn’t enough; it’s acting on that knowledge that brings results!

We have got to start acting on God’s word, and making it SIMPLE! For example, when we read that as believers we can lay hands on the sick and they’ll recover, we can’t shrink back in fear. We can’t sit around and wonder what will happen if we lay hands on someone and they don’t get well. Get up and get after it, believe that God loves you enough to back you up!!!! The minute that we as a nation can stand up and truly act upon his love and his words that we claim are true, God’s love will suddenly become more than just this religious concept and it will become reality! That’s when you’ll begin to see what the power of love can do!

He gave himself on the cross so that you and I could be redeemed; Now that’s love.  His love never fails, it never runs out, and it will never give up on us! Come on, that is the kinda love I want from my papa!

I know this may be just a reminder talk to some of you. To never ever ever forget that love he has for you. To know that he died for YOU, that he has chosen you for this fabulous life and to step up and know that he is backing you up.. So be proud of the person you are through his LOVE, be proud that his hand is all over your life and today is the day to called his bride, his oh so beautiful bride.

You see though, this little talk is SO important to my heart and to my babies in Africa. For the people over there don’t understand what love is. They don’t even know who this Jesus fellow is. My babies don’t get to wake up knowing that someone is backing them up, and fighting for them, they don’t get to wake up and to be kids. They get to wake up and fight the battles of generations before them. They get to fight for food and fight that they can even make it to tomorrow.

When you ask Jesus to break your heart to what breaks his, he answers loud and clear. This is my passion, what gets me up and doing something.  I have grown up knowing that when the world is telling me something different,  I have a God whispering in my ear how much he loves me! He has given me a gift to help little ones understand what love is, and that I get to love them. I get to be our papas hands and feet and show them what love looks like, I get to introduce them to this Jesus fellow. But I only can do this because I know the reality of what Love can do; I know that through God alone he is backing me up. I know that one day my babies with fight no more and they will fall at his feet with me. That is love my friends, falling at his feet.

Jesus loves you and is fighting for you, declare it, walk it out, and fight for his people, because he fought for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment