Friday, May 3, 2013

Balloons and Laughter

I was just going for a walk when I looked behind me and a trail of giggling kids were following me! We played this little game for a little bit where I would look back and they would stop in their tracks and close their little eyes and try with everything in them not to laugh! It was precious, and finally after a few minutes they got the courage to run up to me!

My alone time I was wanting to have was beautifully interrupted. The kids and I ended up hanging out in the middle of this dirt field and just laughed and played together. They didn't speak English and I don't speak Swahili... It was really just pure laughter and smiles.. We drew in the dirt and I had a few balloons stashed away.. It was a glorious day I had with Gods babies.

In that moment I felt Jesus as strong as ever.... It was one of those moments where you felt the fathers love pour down on you... I had 6 little babies just run with everything in them and jump into my arms. ( Cant just picture that glorious day when we get to run with everything in us into our fathers arms... Ha, Jesus! )

I knew in that moment I was the children and Jesus was the one turning around playing with me! Sometimes I can get so caught up in the spiritual fluff and words.. And really all he wants from me is to stop and lay in the dirt with him and laugh... He doesn't need my fancy words, he just wants me to run to him and want nothing in return.. He just wants to love me. He just wants to love US.

That's all those babies wanted was love. They wanted someone's time. They just wanted to have someone look in their eyes and say I love you.

Ah, that's Jesus! He wants to look into our eyes and say baby I love YOU. I don't need anything but your love. I just want you. I chose you, I always have and I always will!!

Balloons. Laughter. And Jesus. It's simple. He just wants our love.






No comments:

Post a Comment