Sunday, June 9, 2013

Can't Be Bought - If I'm valuable, then your valuable!

In this culture there is little value placed on people and it is a foreign thing to believe that you are truly valuable! That is why are first 4 lessons are are all on value and helping these precious little girls find their worth! My little girl’s bodies are sold as objects, and often the other girls in the community are the ones selling them.  This past week we taught the concept of value and respect, not only for themselves, but for the people around them! Our hope this week was that our girl would walk away saying "if I am too valuable to be sold, then the girl down the street is also way too valuable to be sold."

The girls had a really hard time this week understanding why we couldn’t sell each other. So I had to go back to because you are SO valuable and GOD made you for a purpose and he doesn’t want you to be sold, and that means he really doesn’t want you sell your friend. I said that at least 50 times each class. We declared it. Screamed it. Whispered it. Danced as we declared it. We did it all! I made sure that by the end of class when I asked what it means to have value that I had tons of little hands shoot up in the air to answer! We might have to do this every week, and come back to value, and that is okay! If that is the only thing they walk away with every class, I am one happy missionary!

With our hope of this class being "if I am too valuable to be sold, then the girl down the street is also way too valuable to be sold”, then we are going to value and respect each other! Sooo, we taught them a little respect song! It was heavy day that ended with laughter and dancing!! 

It makes giggle, and my heart filled with so much love to imagine over 1,000 girls walking around the village singing respect. God wins again! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment