Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Extravagant Love


Increasing the love in our hearts is just as miraculous as raising the dead. It requires just as much Holy Spirit. 


-Rolland Baker on the miracle of love



     As I have had time to stop and reflect on Harvest School and Kenya, my mind just bursts. I can't seem to put into words what my life has become and what I learned in this special honeymoon season I had with the lord! I learned to stop just talking about him like he wasn't in the room, but I learned that I can see him, I can feel him. That we sing right to him! We can talk straight to his ear!! It's the basic foundation people, but with out that our faith is crumbles at the bottom of the table. Come one somebody! 


I am changed. I am healed. I am loved. I am a daughter of the Kings of Kings. 



Extravagant love.
            The fact that our Jesus left heaven. He left heaven where streets are lined with Gold, where he was sitting in the throne room with his father, to come walk the streets of dirt... He left it all to do his Fathers will. He was willing to surrender all his riches to come and lay on a cross for you and I, and he was JOYFUL in it all!!! If we could stop and understand that we don't get the right to complain when the lord ask us to lay down our lives to serve him, come on somebody, that's what he did for us. That is extravagant love, the way he loves us endlessly. The way we get to love him back in joy and honor for a man who laid down his life so we get to wake up and breath his glory. Extravagant love. 
             We are love. Our identity is love.  He created us to love and be loved. Love is not complicated. Love is giving it all up, laying it all down at his feet. Love is always know that at the end of the day we are seen. Love is knowing that we are a voice to him. Love is taking his hand and knowing that he is going to lead you to every divine appointment. Love is getting everything we need from the best dad in the whole world and never deserving a penny of it. Love is dying a hell of a death and then raising up on the 3rd day just so we could live a life of love and hope. Love is calling me out of the dirt and making me a princess. Love is never being an orphan. Extravagant love. Glory. Hope. Forever. Never ending. New wine. Laughter. Extravagant love is FUN. Our Papa is FUN. 

I know that I am loved beyond a shadow of a doubt! I know that in my secret place, when I close my eyes I can see Papa God.  I am hungry, and never ending pit of hope and want for his words. My cry is to serve my God and follow his will. To walk away from it all, throw my crown at his feet and worship him. That is my heart, to love him with all of me. I am HIS. This is not my life to live but HIS. All the GLORY in his precious name. 


            

Psalm 63

A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.


You, God, are my God,

    earnestly I seek you;

I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary

    and beheld your power and your glory.
 
Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you.
 
I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands.
 
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;

    I think of you through the watches of the night.
 
Because you are my help,
    I sing in the shadow of your wings.
 
I cling to you;
    your right hand upholds me.

Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;

    they will go down to the depths of the earth.
 
They will be given over to the sword
    and become food for jackals.

But the king will rejoice in God;

    all who swear by God will glory in him,

    while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
            


1 comment: